I managed to get some sewing in this last week. I'm still plugging away on the converging corners quilt blocks for my coworker's baby quilt.
I've almost finished up the little quilted pouch for my partner in the WISH do. Good Stitches swap--it just needs drawstrings. I used this patchwork drawstring bag tutorial but I just used a patchwork strip instead of making the whole thing patchwork. I also quilted it and made boxed corners on the bottom to give it some depth. So I pretty much didn't follow the tutorial at all except for the size and making the casings for the drawstrings. :)
The pouch turned out kind of small and I don't think it's enough of a gift for my partner so I'm also making her a small reversible grocery bag from this Michelle Pattern. The outside is linen and the inside and handles are purple Kona. I added a fun little raw-edge applique leaf on the outside. I should be able to finish this up pretty quickly and get her gifts mailed off to her this week. I hope she likes them!
I made my November do. Good Stitches blocks.
this herringbone block tutorial. I love the bright colors and can't wait to see the resulting quilt. I really hate wasting fabric and I didn't have enough 11 inch strips but (I think) I figured out a way to use charm squares or scraps for the small end pieces. Everything seemed to match up correctly and my blocks measured the correct size when completed so hopefully they match up with the rest of the blocks. (And after going through my scraps looking for fabric for these blocks it's pretty evident I really like polka dots.)
Now back to the sewing room to get a little more work done before my son is out of school for the day.