Even though I don't need anymore crafting tools, I just bought a Cuttlebug because I couldn't pass up the 50% sale at Michael's. I have a Sizzix and a Cricut, but I love the embossing with the Cuttlebug. It is so much fun! I didn't use any patterned paper on this card which is pretty unusual for me. I embossed navy blue and silver cardstock with the Cuttlebug scroll embossing folder. I highlighted the blue cardstock with some silver ink. I used a Martha Stewart border punch, and the snowflake is a Sizziz die cut. I stamped "warm wishes" (Plaid All Night Media) in navy blue ink and finished with some blue and silver ribbon and silver craft wire that I tried to bend into scrolls.
Kazan shared her Thankful List, and I would also like to share the five things I'm most thankful for. I'm sure they're the same things so many others are thankful for, but I feel truly blessed each and every day.
- My family--My wonderful husband and son, my parents, my brothers, and my husband's family. We're blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful and caring people.
- My friends--Our lives get busier and we don't see each other or talk as much as we'd like, but my friends are always there when I need them most. They accept me for who I am.
- My job--With the state of the economy, I am blessed to have a job I enjoy (most days, anyway). I can pay my bills. My family has health insurance. My work is appreciated.
- My home--It isn't fancy, and it's usually pretty cluttered. But it's warm, and it's ours.
- My crafting--I love having hobbies I enjoy and that give me a little break from my hectic life. I love being creative. I love the internet and online communities that connect me to other creative people around the world who continually inspire me.
Great card !!!ReplyDelete
Love your detail here, like the craft wire.. so clever! Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch!ReplyDelete
What an awesome list you have there Steph :) and I love the card - It is hard to believe there is no p/paper! amazing what we can create with the right tools. Hope your day is amazingReplyDelete
So pretty! Love how the embossing mimics the wire swirls!ReplyDelete
I love my cuttlebug. I use it for my nestabilities too and that works fine, and I have loads of embossing folders, such a great look with so little effort:)ReplyDelete
You made a beautiful card. Love the blue and silver combo.
Beautiful card!!! Congrats on the new Cuttlebug!!!ReplyDelete
Wow...love your gorgeous card, Steph! Thanks for sharing your thankful list too :)ReplyDelete
Such a wonderful card -- love the ribbon and the snowflake -- just gorgeous! :)ReplyDelete
Very pretty! Love that embossed background and creamy snowflake!ReplyDelete