I'm slightly addicted to the scrappy, bright+low-volume color scheme, so we're going to use it again...even though we just used it in January.
Everyone will make 3 or 4 8.5 inch blocks using the following options:
Block Option 1:
- Sew a print 5" square to one low-volume 5" square to make half-square triangles. Trim each HST to 4.5" square. (Don't forget about this amazing tutorial for trimming HSTs.)
- Make 2 4.5" half-square triangles using a bright print and a low-volume fabric
- Add 2 low-volume 4.5" squares to get this layout:
Block Option 2:
- Make 4 4.5" half-square triangles using as above
- Lay them out in any pleasing HST arrangement. Some examples are shown below:
Block Option 3:
- Make 8.5" half-square triangles. I started with two 9" squares (one bright print and one low-volume fabric), made my HSTs and trimmed down to 8.5". Two blocks done! So easy:
If you are as addicted to HSTs as I am, feel free to make as many blocks as you like. I will use them all to make quilt(s) for Project Linus.