I finished the quick and easy chevron baby blanket I started. I used one yard of Riley Blake's large chevron print fabric. I quilted a chevron pattern in the white areas following the fabric print.
I ordered a bunch more chevron fabric. I think these will be my new go-to baby gift.
For our November blocks, the members of the WISH circle of do. Good Stitches are making Simply Woven quilt blocks. They look complicated but are very straight forward but I still managed to mess up one of my blocks. The first one turned out fine.
The second one did not turn out fine as I measured incorrectly before I cut the last piece off my almost finished block. The right side of the block is wrong. :(
And I wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't set my blocks side by side to admire how beautiful they were. . .
And finally, a horrible picture of the progress on my converging corners quilt. (I really dislike taking pictures inside my poorly-lit basement.)
I have 8 blocks left to go and need to have the quilt finished by the baby shower on December 2. Each block goes together a little faster so I think I'll get it done in time!
Today I also used Spoonflower for the first time and made some quilt labels. Two of my fellow Omaha Modern Quilt Guild members made triangular quilt labels on Spoonflower so I thought I'd give it a try, too. I typed the text over a photo of the sidewalk--I love the texture and color of concrete. I ordered them today so hopefully they turn out okay.